What type of medical problems has your Pom had to deal with thus far?
Here is a rundown of his medical history:
June 1 1994
- Birth day.
- Determined he was a vaccine reactor. He is allergic to one of the vaccines but we are not 100% sure which one so we titer all we can.
(Editor's note: Titering is the method of testing the blood for antibody levels. If levels against a certain disease are high enough, boosters are not necessarily needed. This is thought to be an effective method by many vets to reduce the amount of inoculations that dogs need to receive, particularly in cases like this where the dog has some sort of allergic reaction, which can be quite dangerous and even life-threatening.)
- He broke the large tooth on his left side. He had a root canal to save the tooth.
- This was the Advil incident. Had he gotten into Tylenol he would not be alive.
- Diagnosed with pancreatitis likely related to the Advil incident.
- Surgery on his right hind knee for luxating patella.
- Diagnosed with Atypical Cushings Disease. It went non symptomatic shortly after diagnosis so is untreated.
- Problems with his back, Spondylosis at t1-t4.
(Editor's note: This is a condition in which bones spurs grow along the spine, forming bridges between vertebrae. t1-t4 refers to the location on the spine where this has occurred. Symptoms include restricted movement, stiffness, limping, discomfort and/or sensitivity to touch. With treatment, many dogs can live normal lives; though in severe cases surgery needs to be performed.)
- Started to lose his hearing.