The more you take your Pom outside, the more chances you will have to teach a housebreaking lesson. If he does not pee or poo, you've lost nothing except a small window of time. So, you will want to bring your Pom to the bathroom spot as much as possible.
Aside from those times that your pup makes a motion to go (squatting or lifting a leg), even if there is no indication of having a bathroom need, still bring your Pom out:
1. Immediately waking up (both in the morning and after naps)
2. Right when taken out of the playpen
3. 20 minutes after eating a meal
4. 20 - 30 minutes before bedtime
5. Before every walk. Do not miss this opportunity to teach housebreaking lessons by just letting your Pom pee or poo along the walking route.
6. Every 2 hours for a 2 month old, every 3 hours for a 3 month old, etc.
Note: It is important to extend the time like this so that bladder and bowel muscles are given the opportunity to grow stronger. If a dog is never given the chance to hold his needs, it can take much longer for those muscles to reach their peak strength.