The main difference between high quality and low quality manufactured dog food is the amount of fillers. Fillers are basically empty, useless ingredients which "pump" up the actual food itself and cause your Pom to feel full...when in fact they are ingesting worthless elements which contain zero nutrients!
These pass right through your Pomeranian's body and come out via the other end.
Behavioral Issues -
The behavioral issues of a Pomeranian eating grass and/or eating feces can be directly connected to the dog's diet. As the Pom is ingesting those fillers found in manufactured food, it will make your Pom feel full, but his or her body will be craving nutrients that the fillers did not contain.
Allergies to artificial coloring and preservatives are common allergies that affect toy breed dogs as the Pomeranian. This can cause upset stomachs, vomiting, diarrhea, and external symptoms such as dry skin and a dull coat. Many cases can be severe; but by following healthy home cooking methods you can make sure your Pom is receiving the nutrients he needs, while keeping those nasty chemicals out of his body.
For those who already know that a Pom is allergic to wheat, you can make delicious wheat-free home cooked meals for your Pomeranian.
Why watch your Pomeranian suffer through the teething phase, when you can make tasty home made treats that will greatly help with discomfort.
Marketing Schemes -
Puppy food, adult food, senior food, pregnancy food...When you home cook for your Pomeranian, you do not need to worry about the age of your dog. These recipes fit any Pomeranian of any age.
Raw Food Diets -
Scientists have traced canines all the way back to 4 specific wolves - amazing! Having originated from wild animals, our fluffy little friends still have the instinct to eat raw meat. For those who wish to see if their Pom enjoys a raw food diet, you will have recipes for this as well.
Tummy Trouble Times -
There will be times when your Pom is feeling down, perhaps recovering from a treatment or just having an "off day" and dealing with an upset tummy. For those times, read the recipes for "Upset Tummy Food".
Your dog trusts you to feed him. He sits nice while you prepare a meal and licks the bowl clean. But what did you just give your Pom to ingest? Did it have chemicals? Fillers? What about meat by-products (did you know that this includes road-kill & animals that die on the way to facilities)?
Why not feed your Pomeranian home cooked food and know that the only elements your dog is ingesting are healthy, nutritious and ingredients that your dog's body actually needs.
In Healthy Home Cooking for the Pomeranian, you will have recipes for:
- 9 Biscuits - Perfect as a side dish, a reward treat or an any time snack.
- 7 Healthy Snacks, great any time, but perfect for those occasions when you have company over...why not allow your Pomeranian to enjoy a special food too?
- A perfect, yummy low fat meal for Poms that need to be on a diet - Dogs gobble this up and have no idea that it is a "diet" meal !
- 5 Teething snacks to ease their discomfort while enjoying something yummy
- 2 Vegetarian meals - To mix things up a bit and offer some diversity to your dog's dinners
- 4 Hamburg based meals - Perfect in today's economy and so easy to make while you prepare your own dinner
- 3 Chicken based meals - For excellent health and easy cooking, as most of you already will be cooking chicken for yourselves
- 3 Fish meals - A great way to provide choices for your Pom and especially great for the "finicky eater"
- 4 Lamb based meals - Wonderful recipes your dog will thank you for
- 2 Liver based recipes - for the flavor dogs can't resist
- 3 Italian meals - Should humans be the only ones to enjoy a little taste of Italy? Your Pomeranian deserves it too.
- A perfect Raw Food recipe for the Pomeranian
- # 1 Recommend Meal for Optimal Health
- 5 Peanut Butter based meals for the Pom - These are perfect for those that are teething or have chewing issues. Why? Because that peanut butter is healthy and keeps their mouths busy...and they won't be chewing on non-approved items.
- 8 desserts - For holidays, special occasions or just to show your Pom that you care enough to provide dessert
- A wonderful Pomeranian birthday cake recipe, to celebrate their special day
- 2 Breakfast recipes - Dogs love to eat a different food for breakfast, just as humans do.
- 3 Wheat-Free treats and meals - For those dogs that are allergic to this
- 2 recipes for "Upset Tummy" for those times that your Pom needs your help keeping down food or recovering from an illness
- The Ultimate Hypo-Allergenic Meal - To immediately give relief to a dog that has food allergies...and then perfectly identify the culprit ingredient.