Best Ways to Bring a Pomeranian with You
When you want to bring your Pom along with you to run errands or explore a certain place, there's some great options and methods of keeping your Pom with you. While you can of course, keep your Pom on harness and leash, for short outings, since this breed is a toy breed and really can't keep up with lots of walking, there's plenty of times that you'll find a sling, carry bag or even a stroller to be super beneficial.
Some examples of when walking beside you may be too much include:
- Going to the mall
- Walking around a lake, large outdoor park or recreational area
- When on vacation, if you'll be doing lots of walking
- Dashing in and out of lots of stores, when finding an easy way to quickly keep your Pom with you would make life easier
- Shopping when you know you'll need your hands free and holding a leash would be a nuisance
- Any place where there will be a crowd and having your dog walking down below near everyone's feet is just too risky
Extra Benefits of Slings, Carry Bags and Strollers
While carrying your Pom using one of these methods has obvious benefits, there's another one that many owners don't automatically thing about: You know those signs that say 'No pets allowed'? Many can be ignored if a small dog like the Pom is in a carrier or stroller. In fact, most store managers won't even notice and many store employees won't say a word, other than to compliment you on how cute your Pom is.